Noun(1) the basic monetary unit in many countries; equal to 100 cents(2) a piece of paper money worth one dollar(3) a United States coin worth one dollar(4) a symbol of commercialism or greed
(1) Given the strength of the euro against the dollar , few had expected exports to do so well.(2) Since the peso and the dollar were worth the same, there seemed to be no risk.(3) My view is that the pound moves more closely with the dollar than with the euro.(4) The Australian dollar is the strongest it has been in years and is likely to remain that way for some time.(5) I don't care if this investment comes by way of the dollar , the euro or the yen.(6) If it costs too much he is likely to sell it for two cents on the dollar in an effort to remedy the error.(7) The amounts by which they do each of the above are decided in terms of dollars and cents.(8) Bargaining with management became a matter of dollars and cents, not life and death.(9) Between the three networks, the producers had a budget of three million dollars .(10) You wouldn't be able to tell whether a web page costs a penny or a hundred dollars to visit.(11) It then slashed its funding by around about a half a billion dollars over four years.(12) It raised six million dollars , the manuscript today being in the Library of Congress.(13) Trade too between the two countries is worth many billions of dollars a year.(14) Chronic diseases account for billions of dollars in annual medical expenditures.(15) Does this mean oil prices haven't risen as dramatically in pounds or euros as in dollars ?(16) Go and sponsor him now, and remember to donate in pounds, and not dollars like I did.
(1) dollar bill :: tagihan dollar
(2) top dollar :: atas dolar
(3) dollar sign :: tanda dollar
(4) dollar store :: toko dolar
(5) silver dollar :: dolar perak
1. buck ::
2. dollar bill ::
3. clam ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Here's a DOLLAR
for your troubles.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 10
Put another DOLLAR
in the Star Trekjar, Bill.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 16
All right, now you, ski bum.
Come on. Give with the DOLLAR.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 8
Oh, boy, a whole DOLLAR.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 3
I'll give you a DOLLAR
if you make fun of Raj.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 23
English to Indonesian Dictionary: dollar
Meaning and definitions of dollar, translation in Indonesian
language for dollar with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of dollar in Indonesian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'dollar'
What dollar means in Indonesian, dollar meaning
in Indonesian, dollar
definition, examples and pronunciation
of dollar in Indonesian language.