Noun(1) people collectively who are crippled or otherwise physically handicapped
Verb(1) injure permanently(2) attempt to forecast the winner (especially in a horse race(3) put at a disadvantage
Adjective(1) having restricted mental or physical functioning as a consequence of injury or illness
(1) In addition to its emphasis on adult education, the Report presents a strong case for the special needs of the gifted as well as handicapped children.(2) The focus now is to assist those who are most disadvantaged - young girls and handicapped children - receive an education.(3) She has co-founded an organization that has had a profound impact on the way handicapped people are treated in the Southeast and has been an integral part of its operation for almost half a century.(4) I think abortion on account of the child being potentially handicapped should be allowed, but it should not happen too much, as handicapped children and people can all lead happy lives.(5) However at this stage John has decided to hang up his boots and devote his time to working in the L' Arche community in Dublin - an organisation which looks after handicapped adults in a home environment.(6) The rest of the players' accents faltered somewhat, except Philip Jordan's Birmingham twang as Norman, the soldier that handicapped Helen falls for in a big way.(7) Disabled and handicapped hunters, as well as others who would like to try this type of hunting, will be able to use our system.(8) The service it provides for schoolchildren, students, handicapped people, young mothers, pensioners and thousands of ordinary York residents is far too important to sell off for a fast buck.(9) We should provide support groups for people who are going to have handicapped children and try and convince them not to abort their child just because it will suffer some sort of handicap.(10) The requirement is viewed as a social corrective action rather than a burden on employers, as handicapped persons make up a trained and qualified work force.(11) Fifteen handicapped persons have already completed the training course.(12) What is needed, she says, is rights-based legislation which will guarantee basic services to disabled or handicapped people.(13) Some also grant that crossbow use during archery season would be acceptable if limited to physically handicapped shooters.(14) Why shouldn't handicapped men be agile sportsmen?(15) He joined the staff at St Lucia's School of Music and soon after was hired to teach music to handicapped children at the Special Education centers in Castries and Vieux Fort.(16) Impact, which is gearing up for strike action at the end of January, said it regretted that handicapped people would be sent home but insisted that members had little choice except to embark on a strike.
(1) handicap :: rintangan
(2) mentally handicapped :: cacat mental
(3) handicapped person :: orang cacat
(4) handicapped children :: anak-anak cacat
(5) physically handicapped :: cacat fisik
(6) handicapped child :: anak cacat
1. disabled ::
3. disadvantaged ::
5. infirm ::
6. invalid ::
7. physically challenged ::
8. differently abled ::
9. disabled ::
10. hamper ::
11. impede ::
12. hinder ::
13. impair ::
14. hamstring ::
15. restrict ::
16. check ::
17. obstruct ::
18. block ::
19. curb ::
20. bridle ::
21. hold back ::
22. constrain ::
23. trammel ::
24. limit ::
25. encumber ::
26. stymie ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
are nice, Leonard.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 4
English to Indonesian Dictionary: handicapped
Meaning and definitions of handicapped, translation in Indonesian
language for handicapped with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of handicapped in Indonesian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'handicapped'
What handicapped means in Indonesian, handicapped meaning
in Indonesian, handicapped
definition, examples and pronunciation
of handicapped in Indonesian language.